In This Section
da Vinci Surgery Near Orland Park, IL
Robotic Surgery Specialists
For patients diagnosed with urological conditions such as stomach and pancreatic cancer, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis and obesity, the minimally invasive da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to invasive traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopic surgery.
At Advanced Surgical Consultants we're proud to bring the benefits of this latest technology in minimally invasive surgery to our patients. Our surgeons are expertly trained and certified using the minimally invasive da Vinci Surgical System.
Call Advanced Surgical Consultants today at (708) 364-0441 to learn more about da Vinci Surgery.
Benefits of Surgery Using the da Vinci® Surgical System
The da Vinci® Surgical System enables surgeons to operate through very small incisions with exceptional precision and accuracy. This helps to spare critical tissue and nerves while enhancing recovery time and clinical outcomes.
For patients with Gallbladder Disease, Single-Site TM da Vinci Surgery is performed through one small incision through the navel (belly button). These patients typically experience virtually scarless results.
Depending upon the patient and the procedure, key benefits include less plain, fewer complications, a shortened hospital stay, faster recovery and less scaring.
da Vinci® Surgery for a Range of Surgical Procedures
State-of-the-art, minimally invasive da Vinci® Surgery is being used in a variety of surgical procedures traditionally performed by traditional open or laparoscopic approaches. These robotic assisted procedures include:
- da Vinci® Surgery for Gallbladder Disease (Cholecystectomy). A very precise, virtually scarless, single incision procedure to remove a diseased gallbladder.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Achalasia (Heller Myotomy). Performed to treat Achalasia, a rare disorder caused by damage to the nerves of the esophagus.
- da Vinci® for Pancreatic Disease (Distal Pancreatectomy). Performed to treat a disease affecting your pancreas, such as chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Stomach Cancer (Gastrectomy). Used to remove cancer in part or all of the stomach, while preserving as much normal of the stomach as possible.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Obestity (Gastric Bypass). A successful, minimally invasive alternative for weight loss surgery.