In This Section
da Vinci Surgery in Homer Glen, IL
Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery
For patients diagnosed with urological conditions such as stomach and pancreatic cancer, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis and obesity, the minimally invasive da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to invasive traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Vasdekas sees patients from Orland Park, Joliet, Bolingbrook, Naperville, Oak Lawn, and more. Dr. Vasdekas is expertly trained and certified using the minimally invasive da Vinci Surgical System. Call Advanced Surgical Consultants today to learn more about da Vinci Surgery.
Benefits of Surgery Using the da Vinci® Surgical System
The da Vinci® Surgical System enables surgeons to operate through very small incisions with exceptional precision and accuracy. This helps to spare critical tissue and nerves while enhancing recovery time and clinical outcomes.
For patients with Gallbladder Disease, Single-Site TM da Vinci Surgery is performed through one small incision through the navel (belly button). These patients typically experience virtually scar-less results.
Depending upon the patient and the procedure, key benefits include less plain, fewer complications, a shortened hospital stay, faster recovery and less scaring.
da Vinci® Surgery for a Range of Surgical Procedures
State-of-the-art, minimally invasive da Vinci® Surgery is being used in a variety of surgical procedures traditionally performed by traditional open or laparoscopic approaches. These robotic assisted procedures include:
- da Vinci® Surgery for Gallbladder Disease (Cholecystectomy). A very precise, virtually scarless, single incision procedure to remove a diseased gallbladder.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Achalasia (Heller Myotomy). Performed to treat Achalasia, a rare disorder caused by damage to the nerves of the esophagus.
- da Vinci® for Pancreatic Disease (Distal Pancreatectomy). Performed to treat a disease affecting your pancreas, such as chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Stomach Cancer (Gastrectomy). Used to remove cancer in part or all of the stomach, while preserving as much normal of the stomach as possible.
- da Vinci® Surgery for Obestity (Gastric Bypass). A successful, minimally invasive alternative for weight loss surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Vasdekas specializes in performing minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci System. Call to request a consultation at our office in Homer Glen. Call our surgical office in Homer Glen at 708-364-0441 and schedule your appointment today.